Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Yesterday I got a package in the mail from my mother. My mother. The woman who I have not spoken to in at least a year and haven't seen in 7 years. My mother.

The things that exist between us are too much to get past. And yes I know life is short and yes I do miss her but no it isn't worth the emotional turmoil that having her in my life would cost me.

So I open the package to find a ruby and diamond ring. Very pretty. Very me.

I decide to pick up the phone

Dial the number and hear it has been disconnected.

What kind of daughter doesn't know their own mother's phone number?

you're looking at her and words cannot describe how horrible a feeling it is.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Kyle, I have been thinking about this post for days and thinking about it. Wishing I had something wise to offer.

But I don't. And I'm so sorry.

If we were sitting and talking over a bottle of wine, there would be lots to say, but none of it translates well to the blogosphere.

I wish you peace.

kyle said...

Pentha
Thank you so much. I understand what you are saying about lots to say but nothing to say. Hopefully one day we will meet up and share that bottle of wine