Sunday, October 15, 2006

how busy is too busy

I, by nature, am a very busy person. Between working long hours, dance classes, excursions with friends, social obligations- I tend to not have much time in my life for me. A year ago I finally got tired of always running. I made a deal with myself to take at least one day a weekend just for me. If not both. Which was really working for me until I met C. I then realized what it must have been like to date me in hte past. C. works a regular full time job, 2 regular art time jobs, 2 more not so regular part time jobs and has his dughter. The man is always going, going, going.

About 2 weeks ago I finally lost it on him. I was tired of just being squeezed into his schedule and since then he is definitely taking notice of how little time he has for him or for us. Which is a good thing- acting on it will be twice as good.

but now we come upone the next 4 weeks. Because of his schedule I cannot see him during the week. So that only leaves weekends. I saw him yesterday. Next weekend I have a wedding in NH. The following weekend I have a wedding in Manhattan. The weekend after that he will be at a conference in NC. So in 4 weeks I will see him again. It's like having a long distance relationship without the distance. But he continues to be worth it- just need to be reminded every once in awhile of that fact. Especially when his schedule makes me want to scream- as does mine sometimes.

No comments: