Wednesday, November 15, 2006

sometimes there really are survivors

Tonight I heard the best news I have heard in a long time....
A year and a half ago my friend E. was diagnosed with breast cancer. She was 30 at the time. Early stages. Great attitude. Supportive husband. She was going to beat it. She went through gene testing. Found out that she carries the gene. Not only did she have to have a double mastectomy but she is at incredibly high risk for ovarian cancer and needs to have a hysterectomy within the next 5 years. Suddenly life had deadlines. So as soon as she could they started trying to have a baby. For many months.

Tonight I found out that I am goingt to be an "auntie" in early June. I honestly couldn't be any happier! :) No only has E. survived but she is a true inspiration to me and I am sure she will be a wonderful mother. I'm just glad she will have the chance

No comments: