Friday, April 13, 2007

maybe if i somehow talk this out here it will be easier to explain in real life.....

i am at a crossroads.

I am not enjoying my job at all lately. if you work for three quarters of your life shouldn't you enjoy it?

so with that in mind i thought about what i would like to be doing- and where i would like to be

the answer once again is not boston. it's north carolina. don't really know exactly why there- but it is definitely there.

one tiny problem-- or actually a major one. C.

i know he would never move there- not with his daughter up here. i also know i don't want to live my life without him in it. at the same time i'd like to know a little better that he envisions his life with me in it as well- that i am not placing all my faith in something that is truly there.

at the same time if i stay in boston just because of him is that settling?

i told him tonight that i wanted to give it till the end of summer and see where we are at before i make any decisions. but as soon as i said it it sounded like an ultimatum. and that's not how i meant it at all.

i don't care if we are still where we are at at the end of summer as long as it is a little clearer to me where he is at. i'm not ready to live with him yet. im definitely not ready for anything even bigger than that. i just want to know that i am not staying in boston to wait for him to never want anything more.

he told me i need to do what makes me happy. he makes me happy. boston does not make me happy. the hardest part about leaving would be leaving him- i know it wouldn't work long distance. i also know that if i left here i would never come back to live here.

i just don't want him to feel like i want to leave him. i definitely don't. i just want to know that i am staying for the right reasons.

ugh i hate decision making. i hate feeling like i am pressuring him to a larger step. i hate feeling like this. i just want to be able to communicate a little clearer.

anyone have any suggestions.. input.. guidance??

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I have no help or guidance to offer you. I can't make a decision right now to save myself. However, I want you to know that I'm feeling your plight. I also, from reading your posts, have decided that you are pretty good at laying out the pros and cons and working it out. You aren't impulsively going to make a decision this huge. It sounds like C. is pretty great in giving you the leeway you need to work on this problem without freaking out on you.
I know you said that you would never go back if you left, but you can go back or even move in another direction if you need to. Sometimes we all make the wrong decision and don't find out until later.