Monday, May 01, 2006

Great Big Sea of memories

so this weekend was the long awaited great big sea concert. dave, tim, joni, mike, and myself. Great concert- absolutely fabulous. But there should have been 6 people there not just the 5 of us. And then there comes the thought that there has to come a point that life is lived without feeling that someone's missing. Otherwise it's not living. But for the moment i guess it's ok to miss him. and i do. more so than i have in a really long time. I know that part of it is that GBS meant so much to him. i feel so lucky that i got to learn about them through him. they will always be a huge part of my life and my memories of him.
He taught me to live in the sea of no cares. to not worry about what other people thought of him but what we thought of our relationship. that song will always make me cry i think because it was us for so long. the memories that i have of him are constant but the memories of gbs in his life and as a part of us are so incredibly special to me.
hopefully one day i will share gbs with someone who will mean as much to me as he did and does. maybe then i won't feel like someone's missing and instead that someone's watching and beating his drum

No comments: